শনিবার, ২৩ নভেম্বর, ২০১৩

I always found it hard to train: Tendulkar

It’s not even a week since Sachin Tendulkar called time on his international career but the one thing that the Little Master will not miss is getting up for training every day!
Contrary to popular belief, Tendulkar revealed that he ‘always found it difficult to train’, reports TNN.
‘I believed I could just pick up the bat and I should not worry about running laps and all that. I didn’t really enjoy doing all those things but I knew that without all those things there was no survival. I had to do it so (I would) just run for the heck of it,’ Tendulkar told a TV channel.
The maestro said that running between the 22 yards during an innings was enough exercise for him.
‘I always thought that, you know, if I’m running then I should be scoring runs. If I’m not scoring runs then what’s the point of running? So I thought playing different sports was the best form of training because I like playing tennis, I like playing badminton. I like playing table tennis, a bit of football. You know, all those things and while doing that, if I’m running I don’t mind,’ the champion batsman added.
Tendulkar has been overwhelmed by the support and love of the fans during his farewell series against the West Indies. But for the ‘god’ of Indian cricket, it has been difficult to live up to fans’ expectations.
‘It’s difficult to live up to people’s expectations. There comes a time that you have to figure out what is it that I am capable of, what is it that I want for myself... my dream was to win the World Cup for India. We came very close to winning in 2003, we lost in the finals. I thought there was another chance for us in 1996 when we lost in the semis. And finally in Mumbai, the World Cup was actually in my hands and that is what I wanted. When that actually turned into reality, life was different.’
Talking about his final week of international cricket, Tendulkar said, ‘I think from the time I announced my retirement on October 10, things have been different. Wherever I went people wanted to express their feelings about me and say thank you very much for whatever you have done for the nation.’

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন